Well. It took me a few days, but I think I've found a satisfactory solution to everything that wasn't working when I re-launched the site the other day. The main one that's noticeable is the fact that my latest tweet is once again showing on the top of the site. I've always liked having the ability to change something on the site in a normally static area. Years ago I had it say "ThinkSoJoE's Thoughts" and some clever statement underneath that I could manually change through the administrative area of the site, but later changed it to Twitter because I wasn't regularly updating the tagline.
Speaking of Twitter, another thing I had to do was fix the ability to post there when I write a new article here. The Facebook functionality still worked fine, but Twitter changed their settings a couple years ago (which is also why the latest Tweet thing stopped working) so I had to find a new way to post from here to there. It's working now, luckily. I would eventually like to add hashtags based on keywords from the posts.
And speaking of keywords, that was the final issue I needed to take care of. I used to have it set up so that Yahoo would automatically scan through each post and return relevant keywords. Unfortunately, I used to have issues with that on a regular basis before Yahoo shut down that service. This time around, instead of relying on a third party tool, I found some scripts that allow me to automatically generate keywords based on the frequency of word usage in the post. For example, I'm sure "site" is going to be the main keyword on this post. And I do owe my Facebook and Twitter followers a small apology - as I was working on the functionality last night, I auto-posted to those services repeatedly, which was also a pain for me as I had to go through and delete them as soon as they'd post.
I've got some big things I'm working on for 2015, so stay tuned and I'll tell you about them when I'm ready to!