I said yesterday that I was considering developing a PHP based Content Management System. Well, I’ve got a codename for the project and a screenshot of the (currently working!) login screen. I’m still looking for any coders who want to get in on this project. It’s going to be volunteer work - this is an open-source project. Here’s the first screenshot of this project, codenamed “FropacCMS.”
I’m considering developing a PHP Content Management System. I’ve developed my own before for personal use, though none of my current sites run them - in fact, all of my current sites run WordPress. If anybody wants to volunteer to help out, leave a comment and we’ll talk.
So, in my last article, I proclaimed that I had finished the Fropac Entertainment site. Well, I got a brilliant idea that would’ve fixed the last remaining problem with the layout, and when I went to fix it, wouldn’t you know I applied it to an older version of the stylesheet and then overwrote the latest version with it? Obviously that caused a lot of problems, because I fixed a lot of the problems with the site directly through the WordPress dashboard. Well, I managed to go back in, and luckily it was only about a 5 minute fix. I fixed the problems and now I think it’s 100% done. Of course, you guys know - I’m never satisfied, so that will change again. Hell, this site’s been pretty much done for a week or so, and I’ve still got it listed as version 0.5!
Anyways, my favorite band in the whole entire world will be 5 hours away just four days before my birthday. You know what that means - METALLICA ROAD TRIP! WOO-HOO!
I started re-creating fropac.com last night, for the sheer fact that I didn’t do the original design. I never realised how difficult a 3-column layout with columns of equal height could be to produce. I hacked my way around it, and it looks pretty good. I’ve got a couple more things to add in to it and then we’re good.
Though it’s not 100% complete yet, but the new wordpress version is live at fropac.com!
UPDATE: and now it’s done!
I remade thinksobrain.com again. I didn’t do a complete overhaul - I just made things bigger and made some things work better. The main thing I changed was the nav bar, using a similar style to what I use here on ThinkSoJoE’s thoughts. I didn’t really think the divider tabs looked right in the context I used them in, so I redid them. I’m very happy with how things turned out this time around, though I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% satisfied for very long.